Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To be able to adapt, ask and answer questions about a picture prompt
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Engage in conversations; ask and answer questions
- Develop accurate pronunciation and intonation
- Write phrases from memory, and adapt these to create new sentences, to express ideas clearly
KS2 Framework objectives:
- Ask and answer questions (O3.3)
- Speak clearly and confidently (O3.2)
- Identify social conventions at home and in other cultures (IU3.3)
During the week
- French firsts – a timeline – in 1909, Louis Blériot became the first person to complete a cross-Channel flight in a monoplane. The flight took 37 minutes.
- The children could undertake a traffic survey outside school or in the car park.
- Use a map or atlas to measure the distance between Calais and Dover. Research to compare the difference in journey times by other transport types (ferry, tunnel, etc).