- To be able to create my own descriptive paragraph
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Describe people, places, things and actions orally and in writing
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including (where relevant): feminine, masculine and neuter forms and the conjugation of high-frequency verbs; key features and patterns of the language; how to apply these, for instance, to build sentences; and how these differ from or are similar to English
- Write phrases from memory, and adapt these to create new sentences, to express ideas clearly
- Make simple sentences and short texts (L5.2)
- Recognise typical conventions of word order (KAL)
- Use a dictionary or word list (LLS)
Before the lesson
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Compile the fact files into a book or blog to publish for others in the school/at home to read.
- Allow time for the children to explore independently other entries on link: ‘fr.Vikidia.org’; this could tie in with a relevant subject area or topic.