- To write a letter describing my home
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing.
- Write some phrases from memory and adapt to create new sentences, understand basic grammar appropriate to language.
- Read and understand the main points and some detail from a short written passage (L6.1).
- Read short texts for information (L6.2).
- Construct a short text to give a description ( L6.4).
- Use knowledge of text conventions to build short text ( KAL).
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
Have you got a link school in a French-speaking country? Find one here on this link: ‘Erasmus -E-Twinning’.
You can then send your letters describing the children’s houses and their bedrooms. The French school could either reply in French or English.