Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To learn about music from another culture, particularly when related to the festival of Diwali
- To respond to music with movement
Understanding the world
- Recognise that people have different beliefs and celebrate special times in different ways.
Expressive arts and design
- Listen attentively, move to and talk about music, expressing their feelings and responses.
- Watch and talk about dance and performance art, expressing their feelings and responses.
- Explore and engage in music making and dance, performing solo or in groups.
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
To learn about music from another culture, particularly when related to the festival of Hanukkah.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.