- To explore making marks with felt tips.
- To use a felt tip to make patterns.
- Develop small motor skills so that they can use a range of tools competently, safely and confidently.
- Develop the foundations of a handwriting style which is fast, accurate and efficient.
- ELG: Fine Motor Skills: Use a range of small tools, including scissors, paint brushes and cutlery.
- ELG: Fine Motor Skills: Begin to show accuracy and care when drawing.
Expressive arts and design
- Explore, use and refine a variety of artistic effects to express ideas and feelings.
- ELG: Creating with materials: Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
Characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring.
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the Statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Before the lesson
Prompts for learning
To continue to explore mark making with other tools and drawing materials.
Note any specific next steps for individual pupils.