Before the lesson
- To choose appropriate instruments to represent different parts of a song.
- To perform a practised song to a small audience.
Communication and Language
- Learn rhymes, poems and songs
Expressive Arts and Design
- Explore, use and refine a variety of artistic effects to express their ideas and feelings.
- Return to and build on their previous learning, refining ideas and developing their ability to represent them.
- Create collaboratively, sharing ideas, resources and skills.
- Sing in a group or on their own, increasingly matching the pitch and following the melody.
- Explore and engage in music making and dance, performing solo or in groups.
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Sing a range of well-known nursery rhymes and songs
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
To begin to understand how instruments can be used to help to tell a story.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.