Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Pupils should be taught to:
- Understand ways that we help prevent ourselves and others becoming ill
Health and prevention
Pupils should know:
- About personal hygiene and germs including bacteria, viruses, how they are spread and treated, and the importance of handwashing.
- The facts and science relating to allergies, immunisation and vaccination.
Pupils needing extra support: Can be given the Activity:Vaccine information concise version to work from.
Pupils working at greater depth: Can be challenged to carry out additional research such as what age children have vaccinations – it is recommended that the ‘NHS website’ is used as this will provide Someone that does something when they are asked to, such as arriving at the right time…. information.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y6: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: What can I be?
- Lesson 2: Relaxation: mindfulness
- Lesson 3: Taking responsibility for my health
- Lesson 4: The impact of technology on health
- Lesson 4: Resilience toolbox
- Lesson 5: Immunisation
- Lesson 7: Good and bad habits
- Lesson 8: Physical health concerns