Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To research a new noun in French and determine its gender
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including feminine, masculine and neuter forms
- Broaden vocabulary using a dictionary
- Pronounce accurately commonly used letter strings (L3.2)
- Write new words (LLS)
- Identify specific sounds, phonemes and words (LLS)
During the week
- Play Link: ‘Camille Saint-Saëns: Carnival of the animals’ , on SafeShare.TV Can the children guess which animal is which?
- Have a competition to add more animals to the list during the week – will there be more ‘boys’ or ‘girls’?
- Try out this French homophone tongue twister:
Le ver vert va vers le verre vert – The green worm goes towards the green glass.