Before the lesson
- To improve and add detail to structures
Pupils should be taught to:
- Generate, develop, model and communicate ideas through discussion and annotated sketches
- Select from and use a wide range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks
- Select from and use a wide range of materials and components, including construction materials, according to their functional properties and aesthetic qualities
- Evaluate their ideas and products against their own design criteria and consider the views of others to improve their work
- Apply understanding of how to strengthen, stiffen and reinforce complex structures
Pupils needing extra support: Should be encouraged to make fewer, simpler structures.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should produce a range of good quality, complex structures with sophisticated A covering or a coating on a structure or material. techniques.