Before the lesson
- To follow instructions as part of practical activities and games
Communication and language
- Understand how to listen carefully and why listening is important
Personal, social and emotional development
- ELG: Self-regulation: Give focused attention to what the teacher says, responding appropriately even when engaged in activity, and show an ability to follow instructions involving several ideas or actions.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Active learning
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
- To learn to give simple instructions.
- Make a note of any specific next steps for individual children.