Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To greet someone and introduce yourself in French
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Listen with care (O3.2)
- Repeat words and phrases modelled by the teacher (O3.4)
During the week
- Greet the children in the classroom, corridor or playground every day using Bonjour!
- Use Bonjour and Salut to answer the register.
- Make up a rap/song sequence of Bonjour and Salut – can they say it back, with gestures?
- Keep your talk puppet handy in the classroom/role play area, in case they think of other things they would like to say (or have found out from home).
- Display on the classroom wall the speech bubbles from the Activity: Greetings speech bubbles and add any other language greetings as you collect them in class.