- To describe an outfit using adjectives correctly
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Describe people, places, things and actions orally and in writing
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including (where relevant): feminine, masculine and neuter forms and the conjugation of high-frequency verbs; key features and patterns of the language; how to apply these, for instance, to build sentences; and how these differ from or are similar to English
- Prepare a short presentation on a familiar topic (O5.4)
- Recognise and apply simple agreements, singular and plural (Yr4 KAL)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- If the children are confident, put on a fashion show for the school or for parents – perhaps for charity?
- Give the children bilingual dictionaries or use an online dictionary to research a related area of interest to them, such as jewellery or football kits.
- You could introduce Je porte … I am wearing to answer the register. For example, a child could answer, Oui, et je porte une chemise blanche – Yes and I am wearing a white shirt, or Oui, et je porte un pantalon noir – Yes and I am wearing black trousers.
- Create a collage as a classroom display with different clothing items or outfits with the descriptions in French.