Before the lesson
- To copy and follow a beat
- To follow a beat using an untuned instrument
Expressive arts and design
- Listen attentively, move to and talk about music, expressing their feelings and responses.
- Explore and engage in music making and dance, performing solo or in groups.
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
To experiment with playing tuned and untuned instruments.
To play in time to familiar songs.
Note any specific next To do what is necessary to reach a goal. for individual children.