- To research and write information about European countries in French
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing; speak in sentences, using familiar vocabulary, phrases and basic language structures
- L4.1 Read and understand a range of familiar written phrases
- O4.4 Ask and answer questions on several topics
Before the lesson
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- In their groups, the children research the country location on a map, the flag and perhaps how to say hello/goodbye /please/thank you in the country’s language .
- A possible Art project could be creating instruments out of cardboard to either play or mime playing.
- If you are extending this lesson, the children could carry out more research and develop their posters.