- To say the names of French shops correctly
Pupils should be taught to:
National curriculum links:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Engage in conversations; ask and answer questions
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing
- O4.2 Listen for specific words and phrases
- O4.4 Ask and answer questions on several topics
- L4.1 Match phrases and short sentences to pictures
- Y3 KAL Recognise question forms and negatives
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
During the week
- Can the children find out how to say the names of other shops, for example, toy shops, pet shops, etc?
- Children could find images of French shop fronts and sketch them onto A4 paper, which can then be displayed in a line to create a street of shops.
- Play Hotter/Colder and or Splat.