Before the lesson
- To begin to understand how to stay safe with medicines
- The facts about legal and illegal harmful substances and associated risks, including smoking, alcohol use and drug-taking.
Pupils needing extra support: Could focus their poster or leaflet around just one key message.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should design their poster or leaflet around several key messages
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the internet
- Lesson 2: Communicating online
- Lesson 3: Secrets and surprises
- Lesson 4: Appropriate contact: My private parts
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact: My private parts are private
- Lesson 6: Road safety
- Lesson 7: Road safety 2
- Lesson 8: Staying safe with medicine