Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand that not all emails are genuine
Internet and safety harms
Pupils should know:
- How to be a discerning consumer of information online including understanding that information, including that from search engines, is ranked, selected and targeted.
- Where and how to report concerns and get support with issues online
Pupils needing extra support: Keep the Presentation: Pretending to be something or someone you are not. emails visible on the board or print out slides for pupils to refer to during the lesson.
Pupils working at greater depth: Encourage them to think about different ways that fake emails can be introduced.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment Y3: Safety and the changing body
- Lesson 1: First Aid: emergencies and calling for help
- Lesson 2: First Aid: bites and stings
- Lesson 4: Cyberbullying
- Lesson 5: Fake emails
- Lesson 6: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: making choices
- Lesson 7: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: influences
- Lesson 8: Keeping safe out and about