Before the lesson
- To evaluate my project and adapt my design
- Explore and evaluate a range of existing products
- Evaluate their ideas and products against design criteria
- Build structures, exploring how they can be made stronger, stiffer and more stable
- Explore and use mechanisms [for example, levers, sliders, wheels and axles] in their products
Pupils needing extra support: Could work as part of a guided group, testing each point in the success criteria in the same way.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should independently To change or alter to fit a new or specific use or situation, or to improve…. their windmill according to what they have found through testing. Should use appropriate vocabulary to describe the components.