Before the lesson
- To use instruments to create different sounds
Pupils should be taught to:
- Experiment with, create, select and combine sounds using the inter-related dimensions of music
Remember that in Music, pupils you might expect to need support may not need it and those you would class as working at greater depth in other curriculum areas might need support.
Pupils needing extra support: Give them a visual prompt to help them stay playing at the right time.
Pupils working at greater depth: Ask these pupils to lead a small group so they can play in time.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this unit
- Lesson 1: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Percussive animals
- Lesson 2: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Singing animals
- Lesson 3: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Performing animals
- Lesson 4: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Composing animals
- Lesson 5: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: The story of the lion