Pupils who are secure will be able to:
- Give examples of issues in the local area.
- Identify questions to be asked to find the relevant data.
- Justify which data collection method is most suitable.
- Design an accurate data collection template.
- Identify areas along a route that are best for data collection.
- Discuss how to mediate potential risks.
- Collect data at points located on an OS map.
- Manage risks during a fieldwork trip.
- Identify any outcomes from data collected.
- Map data digitally.
- Describe the enquiry process.
Lesson 4 involves fieldwork in a local environment. It is important to risk-assess the proposed route taking into account any relevant school risk assessment policies and procedures. Refer to the Before the lesson section in Lesson 4 to prepare for this lesson. Please be aware this lesson may take longer than 1 hour.
Lesson 6 involves creating and presenting the outcome of the geographical enquiry question. Refer to the Before the lesson section to prepare. Please be aware this lesson may take longer than 1 hour.