- To make a fruit and vegetable smoothie
Cooking and nutrition
- Use the basic principles of a healthy and varied diet
- Generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through talking, drawing, templates, mock-ups and, where appropriate, information and communication technology
- Select from and use a range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks [for example, cutting, shaping, joining and finishing]
- Select from and use a wide range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their characteristics
- Evaluate their ideas and products against the
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Pupils needing extra support: Will need support with the motor skills and may need to talk through the steps of slicing before they begin. Small group work may be advised for some children. For the alternative activity, pupils may require support with manoeuvring the images onto the A container made out of card which holds liquid products such as milk and orange juice…., using the mouse.
Pupils working at greater depth: Will need to be stretched to think about how to (verb) To cut pieces off something with a knife. foods (which way, size, etc.). They could also be extended to more tricky The part of a plant that contains seeds. like pineapples or melons. For the alternative activity, pupils could use the internet or clipart library in PowerPoint to find their own images for their carton designs (Insert > pictures > stock images).