- To understand the benefits of physical activity
Pupils should know about:
- The benefits of physical exercise, time outdoors, community participation, voluntary and service-based activity on mental wellbeing and happiness
Physical health and fitness
- The importance of building regular exercise into daily and weekly routines and how to achieve this; for example walking or cycling to school, a daily active mile or other forms of regular, vigorous exercise.
Before the lesson
Pupils needing extra support: May need to follow example activities and need guidance recognising the effects of Movement of the body for purposes of health and fitness. on the body.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be able to describe how exercise releases hormones that make them feel good.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: Experiencing different feelings
- Lesson 2: Healthy body, healthy brain: being active
- Lesson 3: Relaxation: breathing exercises
- Lesson 4: Steps to success
- Lesson 5: Resilience: developing a growth mindset
- Lesson 6: Healthy diet
- Lesson 7: Looking after our teeth