- To begin to understand how courtesy and manners make us feel
- Caring friendships: Pupils should know how important friendships are in making us feel happy and secure, and how people choose and make friends.
- Caring friendships: Pupils should understand the characteristics of friendships, including mutual respect, truthfulness, trustworthiness, loyalty, kindness, generosity, trust, sharing interests and experiences and support with problems and difficulties.
- Caring friendships: Pupils should understand the conventions of courtesy and manners and how these can help us build friendships
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Pupils needing extra support: May need some support with reading the questions and taking turns in their groups, which can be provided either by peers or adults.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to explain the benefits of working with people that we do not know very well.
Can explain how manners can help in these situations. (Y2)
Assessing pupils’ understanding and progress
In this topic
- Assessment Y1/2: (CA) Family and relationships
- Y1/2 Lesson 1 (Cycle A) Introduction: Setting ground rules for RSE & PSHE lessons
- Y1/2 Lesson 2 (Cycle A): Family
- Y1/2 Lesson 3 (Cycle A): Friendships
- Y1/2 Lesson 4 (Cycle A): Families are all different
- Y1/2 Lesson 5 (Cycle A): Other people’s feelings
- Y1/2 Lesson 6 (Cycle A): Getting along with others
- Y1/2 Lesson 7 (Cycle A): Friendship problems
- Y1/2 Lesson 8 (Cycle A): Gender stereotypes