Before the lesson
- To sing a song in sections
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use their voices expressively and creatively by singing songs and speaking chants and rhymes
Remember that in Music, pupils you might expect to need support may not need it and those you would class as working at greater depth in other curriculum areas might need support.
Pupils needing extra support: Remember to encourage them to use the actions – this will help them remember the words.
Pupils working at greater depth: Pupils can have a go at singing solo or in a small group.
Encourage them to think about the music and ensure they have correct diction.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this unit
- Lesson 1: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Percussive animals
- Lesson 2: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Singing animals
- Lesson 3: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Performing animals
- Lesson 4: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Composing animals
- Lesson 5: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: The story of the lion