Before the lesson
- To understand the choices people can make and those which are made by others
Pupils should know:
- The facts about legal and illegal harmful substances and associated risks, including smoking, alcohol use and drug-taking.
Pupils needing extra support: May need to be guided through their day so far to think about the choices they made at each point.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should explain why other people make choices for them at their age.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment Y3: Safety and the changing body
- Lesson 1: First Aid: emergencies and calling for help
- Lesson 2: First Aid: bites and stings
- Lesson 4: Cyberbullying
- Lesson 5: Fake emails
- Lesson 6: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: making choices
- Lesson 7: Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: influences
- Lesson 8: Keeping safe out and about