- To develop an understanding of art through role-play
Pupils should be taught to:
- Learn about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work
Before the lesson
Pupils needing extra support: Could be grouped with more confident members of the class to help them develop their own ideas about the painting.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should observe small details to add depth to their suggested narrative.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this unit
- Assessment Art Y4: Every picture tells a story
- Lesson 1: David Hockney: My Parents (Original scheme)
- Lesson 2: Paula Rego: The Dance (Original scheme)
- Lesson 3: Edward Hopper: Table for Ladies
- Lesson 4: Pieter Bruegel: Children's Games
- Lesson 5: Fiona Rae (Original scheme)
- Lesson 6: Leonardo Da Vinci: The Last Supper: Easter themed