Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To combine and perform different versions of a musical motif
Pupils should be taught:
- Improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the interrelated dimensions of music
- Understand and use staff and other musical notations
- Listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
- Play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
Pupils needing extra support: Should focus on the untuned percussion parts in their groups.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should take a leadership role within the group and/or use their own instruments for the activity (if they are having instrumental lessons).