- To understand how to analyse a famous painting
Pupils should be taught to:
- About great artists, architects and designers in history
Before the lesson
For pupils needing extra support: Emphasise that there are no wrong answers to encourage pupils to express their opinions. Develop their answers by asking: What makes you think that?
Have some key vocabulary on display for the children to refer to.
Pupils working at greater depth: Encourage them to expand on their answers justifying their responses.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this unit
- Assessment Art Y4: Every picture tells a story
- Lesson 1: David Hockney: My Parents (Original scheme)
- Lesson 2: Paula Rego: The Dance (Original scheme)
- Lesson 3: Edward Hopper: Table for Ladies
- Lesson 4: Pieter Bruegel: Children's Games
- Lesson 5: Fiona Rae (Original scheme)
- Lesson 6: Leonardo Da Vinci: The Last Supper: Easter themed