Before the lesson
To understand how to respond to adults in a range of situations
Being safe> How to respond safely and appropriately to adults they may encounter (in all contexts, including online) whom they do not know
Being safe > How to recognise and report feelings of being unsafe or feeling bad about any adult
Pupils needing extra support: Could benefit from working in a smaller group with an adult to support the discussions.
There may also be children in the class you have concerns about who would benefit from extra input.
Pupils working at greater depth: Could be challenged to discuss how their The way that somebody acts around other people. and interactions can change towards adults, depending upon the situation.
Assessing pupils’ understanding and progress
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y1: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Adults in school
- Lesson 2: Adults outside of school
- Lesson 3: Getting lost
- Lesson 4: Making an emergency phone call
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact
- Lesson 6: Safety with substances
- Lesson 7: Safety at home
- Lesson 8: People who help to keep us safe