Before the lesson
- To understand how to stay safe when using the internet
- That the same principles apply to online relationships as to face-to-face relationships, including the importance of respect for others online including when we are anonymous.
- That people sometimes behave differently online, including by pretending to be someone they are not.
- How to consider the effect of their online actions on others and know how to recognise and display respectful behaviour online and the importance of keeping personal information private.
Pupils needing extra support: Encourage pupils to make a poster detailing the overriding Something that tells that what is allowed or what is not allowed… that they should tell someone if they feel Something that makes us feel nervous or uneasy. or think something is wrong.
Pupils working at greater depth: Encourage pupils to use a variety of different word processing tools to make their work more creative and to include additional safety messages.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the internet
- Lesson 2: Communicating online
- Lesson 3: Secrets and surprises
- Lesson 4: Appropriate contact: My private parts
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact: My private parts are private
- Lesson 6: Road safety
- Lesson 7: Road safety 2
- Lesson 8: Staying safe with medicine