Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To begin to understand the difference between secrets and surprises
- Being safe
Pupils should know about the concept of privacy and the implications of it for both children and adults; including that it is not always right to keep secrets if they relate to being safe.
Pupils needing extra support: Give additional examples of secrets and surprises and offer them support when they are completing the Activity: Secrets and surprises.
Pupils working at greater depth: Write their own Something that is not meant to be known about or seen by anyone…. and surprise scenarios to try on one another.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the internet
- Lesson 2: Communicating online
- Lesson 3: Secrets and surprises
- Lesson 4: Appropriate contact: My private parts
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact: My private parts are private
- Lesson 6: Road safety
- Lesson 7: Road safety 2
- Lesson 8: Staying safe with medicine