Before the lesson
- To assemble the components of my structure
Pupils should be taught to:
- Select from and use a range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks [for example, cutting, shaping, joining and finishing]
- Select from and use a wide range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their characteristics
- Explore and evaluate a range of existing products
- Build structures, exploring how they can be made stronger, stiffer and more stable
- Explore and use mechanisms [for example, levers, sliders, wheels and axles], in their products
Pupils needing extra support: Have a demonstration windmill available for the children to look at more closely and, if possible, a spare turbine which has been folded for them to dismantle.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should work independently to cut and To put all parts together to form the final product. their own structures accurately and include a roof Something that has been made and put together. It can usually stand on its own…. too.