Before the lesson
To know how to respond to adults in a safe and familiar context
Being safe >Pupils should know how to respond safely and appropriately to adults they may encounter (in all contexts, including online) whom they do not know
For pupils needing extra support: have photos of people who work in school before for the ‘Guess who’ activity. Show them a Somebody who visits a place temporarily. and staff badge. Ask the school secretary to explain how they sign in visitors.
Pupils working at greater depth: should be challenged to explain the importance of being Behaviour that indicates respect and consideration for others…. and confident in potentially tricky situations for example where they have to question an adult about something they don’t understand or what they are doing in school.
Assessing pupils’ understanding and progress
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y1: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Adults in school
- Lesson 2: Adults outside of school
- Lesson 3: Getting lost
- Lesson 4: Making an emergency phone call
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact
- Lesson 6: Safety with substances
- Lesson 7: Safety at home
- Lesson 8: People who help to keep us safe