Before the lesson
To begin to understand the impact of bullying
Pupils should know about:
- Different types of bullying (including cyber-bullying), the impact of bullying, responsibilities of bystanders (primarily reporting bullying to an adult) and how to get help.
Pupils needing extra support: Could be grouped together and have you or another adult work with them to discuss possible solutions and outcomes.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to also show what happens to the bully as well as to Lara in their role play.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y3: Family and relationships
- Lesson 1: Healthy families
- Lesson 2: Friendship conflict
- Lesson 3: Friendship: conflict versus bullying
- Lesson 4: Effective communication
- Lesson 5: Learning who to trust
- Lesson 6: Respecting differences in others
- Lesson 7: Stereotyping: Gender
- Lesson 8: Stereotyping: Age