Before the lesson
Download Classroom resources
- To learn about the music of the British Isles
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use their voices expressively and creatively by singing songs
- Play tuned and untuned instruments musically
- Experiment with, create, select and combine sounds using the interrelated dimensions of music
- Listen with concentration and understanding to a range of high-quality recorded music
Pupils needing extra support: Position these children nearer to you so that you can offer differentiation by support. Direct specific questions with yes/no answers during the listening activities.
Pupils working at greater depth: Invite these pupils to lead the soundscape performance. Ask them to name the ‘interrelated dimensions of music’ that you have used in your soundscape.