Before the lesson
- To perform a song
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use their voices expressively and creatively by singing songs and speaking chants and rhymes.
Remember that in Music, pupils you might expect to need support may not need it and those you would class as working at greater depth in other curriculum areas might need support.
Pupils needing extra support: Use hand signals to remind children when to be loud and when to be quiet.
Pupils working at greater depth: These pupils will independently remember to use the dynamics (louds and quiets) without prompting.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this unit
- Lesson 1: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Percussive animals
- Lesson 2: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Singing animals
- Lesson 3: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Performing animals
- Lesson 4: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: Composing animals
- Lesson 5: Classical music, dynamics and tempo: The story of the lion