Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand that there are dangers at home and how these can be avoided.
- The National Curriculum states that ‘All schools should make provision for personal, social, health and economic education (PSHE)’
Pupils needing extra support: In the Activity: Possible Dangerous things that should be avoided if possible., the children could circle things that might be a Something that poses a danger. and draw pictures to show what might happen. – for example, circle the kettle, and draw it falling off the cooker.
Pupils working at greater depth: In the Activity: Possible hazards the children should be challenged also to describe how the hazards could be minimised as they identify them in the room.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y1: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Adults in school
- Lesson 2: Adults outside of school
- Lesson 3: Getting lost
- Lesson 4: Making an emergency phone call
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact
- Lesson 6: Safety with substances
- Lesson 7: Safety at home
- Lesson 8: People who help to keep us safe