Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand that there are people in the local community who help to keep us safe.
- The National Curriculum states that ‘All schools should make provision for personal, social, health and economic education (PSHE)’
Pupils needing extra support: Could use the Activity: Job description – Support version, which includes a word A company that looks after your money and gives you money loans that you have to pay back… to help write the job description.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to include more detail within the job description perhaps drawing on their own research in books or Another term for ‘the internet’..
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y1: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Adults in school
- Lesson 2: Adults outside of school
- Lesson 3: Getting lost
- Lesson 4: Making an emergency phone call
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact
- Lesson 6: Safety with substances
- Lesson 7: Safety at home
- Lesson 8: People who help to keep us safe