Before the lesson
Download Classroom resources
- To learn about the music of the British Isles and create music of our own
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use their voices expressively and creatively by singing songs
- Play tuned and untuned instruments musically
- Experiment with, create, select and combine sounds using the interrelated dimensions of music
- Listen with concentration and understanding to a range of high-quality recorded music
Pupils needing extra support: Make sure these pupils can always view the Presentation: City image and point out specific items that would create sounds.
Pupils working at greater depth: Ask to add some of the ‘interrelated dimensions of music’ to their work, for example, dynamics.