Before the lesson
- To create a pneumatic system
Pupils should be taught to:
- Use research and develop design criteria to inform the design of innovative, functional, appealing products that are fit for purpose, aimed at particular individuals or groups
- Generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through discussion, annotated sketches, cross-sectional and exploded diagrams, prototypes, pattern pieces and computer-aided design
- Select from and use a wider range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks
- Select from and use a wider range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their functional properties and aesthetic qualities
- Understand and use mechanical systems in their products (for example, gears, pulleys, cams, levers and linkages)
Pupils needing extra support: Should keep their toy simple and use pre-made shapes (The packet or container, which holds a product safe, ready to be sold. It has information on about the product….).
Pupils working at greater depth: Should create their own nets on card for the housing.