Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To begin to understand what is safe to put into or onto our bodies
- Pupils should know the facts about legal and illegal harmful substances and associated risks, including smoking, alcohol use and drug-taking.
Pupils needing extra support: Work in a group with an adult for the sorting activity.
Pupils working at greater depth: Draw or write their own ideas on the sorting activity.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y1: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Adults in school
- Lesson 2: Adults outside of school
- Lesson 3: Getting lost
- Lesson 4: Making an emergency phone call
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact
- Lesson 6: Safety with substances
- Lesson 7: Safety at home
- Lesson 8: People who help to keep us safe