- To resolve disputes and conflict through negotiation and compromise
- Pupils should know that most friendships have ups and downs, and that these can often be worked through so that the friendship is repaired or even strengthened, and that resorting to violence is never right.
Before the lesson
Pupils needing extra support: Work on individual stages of the resolution process. Use the relevant presentation slides from Presentation: Resolution guide as guidance.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should also include information about how to To find a solution to a problem. a A disagreement or argument. when someone has hurt someone else physically or emotionally.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment Y5/6: (CB) Families and relationships
- Y5/6 Introductory Lesson 1 (Cycle B): Setting rules and signposting
- Y5/6 Lesson 2 (Cycle B): Friendship skills
- Y5/6 Lesson 3 (Cycle B): Respect
- Y5/6 Lesson 4 (Cycle B): Resolving conflict
- Y5/6 Lesson 5 (Cycle B): Family life
- Y5/6 Lesson 6 (Cycle B): Stereotyping
- Y5/6 Lesson 7 (Cycle B): Challenging stereotypes
- Y 5/6 Lesson 8 (Cycle B): Change and loss