Before the lesson
- To understand ways to keep safe on and near roads
- The National Curriculum states that ‘All schools should make provision for personal, social, health and economic education (PSHE)’
Pupils needing extra support: May need support during the role play activity.
Pupils working at greater depth: Can be challenged to find out more about the safer crossing places and how they are used.
Assessing pupils' understanding and progress
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the internet
- Lesson 2: Communicating online
- Lesson 3: Secrets and surprises
- Lesson 4: Appropriate contact: My private parts
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact: My private parts are private
- Lesson 6: Road safety
- Lesson 7: Road safety 2
- Lesson 8: Staying safe with medicine