Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To use breathing exercises to relax
Pupils should know:
- simple self-care techniques, including the importance of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests.
- that mental wellbeing is a normal part of daily life, in the same way as physical health.
Pupils needing extra support: Might need to work as part of a guided group to remember different breathing exercises.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should try a range of breathing exercises and describe the pros and cons of each of them.
Should describe in detail how relaxation makes them feel and how it affects the body.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: Experiencing different feelings
- Lesson 2: Healthy body, healthy brain: being active
- Lesson 3: Relaxation: breathing exercises
- Lesson 4: Steps to success
- Lesson 5: Resilience: developing a growth mindset
- Lesson 6: Healthy diet
- Lesson 7: Looking after our teeth