Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To use breathing exercises to relax
Pupils should know:
- simple self-care techniques, including the importance of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests.
- that mental wellbeing is a normal part of daily life, in the same way as physical health.
Pupils needing extra support: Might need to work as part of a guided group to remember different breathing exercises.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should try a range of breathing exercises and describe the pros and cons of each of them.
Should describe in detail how Doing calming activities such as having a bath or reading a book…. makes them feel and how it affects the body.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: Experiencing different feelings
- Lesson 2: Healthy body, healthy brain: being active
- Lesson 3: Relaxation: breathing exercises
- Lesson 4: Steps to success
- Lesson 5: Resilience: developing a growth mindset
- Lesson 6: Healthy diet
- Lesson 7: Looking after our teeth