- To express an opinion, orally and in writing, about sports and which sports are played
Pupils should be taught to:
- Ask and answer questions
- Express opinions and respond to those of others
- 6.1. Understand the main points and simple opinions
- 6.4. Participate in simple conversations on familiar topics
Before the lesson
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Watch sporting events with French commentary and ask what words the children can understand. On YouTube, you can slow down videos to make them easier to understand.
- Continue to practise the new sentences during the week, by passing a ball around so that the child with the ball needs to say the sentence or each child says one word from the sentence to create a sentence as a team, for example:
Je; joue; au; basket
- Get the children to answer the register with the French name of a sport.
- Get the children to look up the French words for different sports, particularly the ones that they do, and prepare a wall display of sports words and pictures.