- To rehearse orally new vocabulary
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding.
- Engage in conversations.
- Ask and answer questions.
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words.
- 6.1 Understand the main points and simple opinions, listen attentively, retell and discuss the main ideas.
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
During the week
- Make a poster from the Activity: P.E. Verbs and display in the classroom and get the children to practise some movements around the class or as a warm-up for P.E.
- Practise the directions from the Wrapping up session, perhaps as an end-of-day exercise.
- Get the class to research the Tour de France or another great cycle race and watch something about the race on television. You could ask the children to find out about pelotons. The word peloton in French means a pack. It is also used to refer to a ball of wool – la pelote de laine.