- I can conjugate the verb ‘to go’ and say I or someone else is going to a country
Pupils should be taught to:
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words.
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied; the conjugation of high-frequency verbs; key features and patterns of the language.
- L 6.3. Match sound to sentences and paragraphs, listen carefully to a model, eg: a video recording, recorded story or song, and re-constitute a sentence or paragraph using text cards.
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Test the children on which countries are masculine/feminine using this link: ‘BBC Bitesize -French – Countries’
- Get the children to revise the sentences they have learnt so far about sports and countries.