- To choose and use appropriate verb endings
Pupils should be taught to:
- Conjugate verbs to build sentences
- Understand new words introduced into familiar writing
- Choose words to write into a gapped text (L5.3)
- Manipulate language by changing an element in a sentence (KAL)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- In other news…
Check out the short cartoon clips on link:‘1jour1actu.com’, which answer French children’s questions about anything and everything.
- Quick on the draw
- Pupils form two teams on either side of the room.
- The teacher calls out a phrase with a subject pronoun and an -er verb (for example, il and manger – to eat).
- The first children in each team go head to head to be the first to call out the correct phrase in French (in this case, il mange).
- The winner goes to the back of their team line for another go and the loser sits down.
- Play continues until one team runs out of players.