Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To use authentic materials to investigate climate data from the French-speaking world
Pupils should be taught to:
- Respond to spoken/written language from authentic sources
- Read carefully and show understanding of phrases
- LLS Look and listen for visual and aural clues
- IU5.2 Recognise similarities and differences between
During the week
The Meteo France Weather Forecast website has lots of potential for looking at current weather around the world and comparing climate data too. Allow time for children to research, or choose a French-speaking country each day to see what the weather is like.
Keep an eye on current affairs: hurricanes in Haiti, desertification in Egypt, Morocco, Algeria etc.