Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To be able to build descriptive sentences into a short paragraph
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of simple writing
- Write at varying length using a variety of grammatical structures
- Make a sentence using single word cards (L5.2)
- Manipulate language by changing an element in a sentence (KAL)
During the week
- Mon ami(e) (my friend)
Use the puzzle pieces from the Activity: Family album to build a description of someone in the class for pupils to guess.
Note: it is ‘Mon’ for both male ‘ami’ and female ‘amie’.
- Watch the video on Link: ‘BBC – La famille’ about two French-speaking families.